Sunday, May 6, 2012

Relay for life!




Relay for life was a lot of fun!! The proceeds went to a great cause too, helping to fight cancer. A few weeks ago I went to the Relay for life here on campus and I walked 22 laps around the ice arena. I also did a three legged race while I was there, my partner Maggie and I almost won.


It was really great seeing all the people at Cortland there to support such a great cause. Cancer is something that we need to find a cure for. I topic is very sensitive for me because my grandfather died from cancer and my mother has had cancer in the past. I do hope that one day we find a cure but right now, all we can do is keep hope. On the backs of the APEM pinnies that my friend Ashley is wearing it says, more birthdays!! I love this motto! More birthdays for all!!!! I was honestly just really happy to be a part of this event, because it was for such a great cause!!

No comments:

Post a Comment