Sunday, April 15, 2012

Zumba with a twist

The other day Dan taught a great Zumba lesson!!! He recorded himself doing a Zumba lesson, but I was blind for the lesson so I was unable to see the video. I was told however that it was great though.






When I first told Dan that I was blind he was shocked but he handled it very well!! Dan adapted extremely well and fast, by calling out the steps for me and describing the steps so that I could visualize what they were. I was very frustrated throughout the lesson though because I wished that I could just see what was going on but knowing that I couldn't. In all honesty I could not tell you were I was in the gymnasium for the majority of the lesson.




At the lesson we had to make a routine, and follow the ones that led their routine as well. That was extremely difficult because when I had to follow the other groups I had no idea if I was doing the dances correctly. I felt that everyone was staring at me and that I was making a fool of myself. Even though I was self conscious and frustrated throughout the lesson, I still had a great time. I also gained a better understanding of what a person that is blind has to go through on a day to day basis. Even though it was only a glimpse it still changed my perspective immensely. I just hope that if I have a student with a disablility that I will be able to do all that I can for them in order to make them feel as though they are just as comfortable as the other students in the class. Great job Dan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment